PART-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Thank you for your interest in the Part-Time Administrative Assistant Position!
This is an on-going, part-time administrative assistant position focused on supporting me with the general management of the entire business, specifically client services and supporting the growth and development of our primary service, the Path Course.
Applications are being accepted through September 4th. Ideal candidate will begin training the week of Sept 17th, 2018.
- To start: A guaranteed 20 hours per month paid at $25/hour. The first month will consist of training and getting you up to speed with the company, our services and the internal structures of the business.
- Virtual position: Flexible location and semi-flexible hours. You will need to be available to meet with me weekly (can be virtual) and to handle daily administrative tasks during regular working hours. That said, there will be tasks you can complete on your own time as well. We will work together to create a satisfying work schedule that is conducive to both of us.
- This position offers an opportunity for professional and financial growth down the line and I’m looking for someone who gets that, wants that, and is willing to put in the work to achieve that.
IDEAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- You are a natural collaborator who believes in the power of transformational work and supporting all types of creative professionals.
- You know how to find that sweet balance between taking initiative and executing prescribed tasks.
- You can confidently represent the company and our brand in both written and verbal communications with clarity, ease and attention.
- You are: Detail-oriented, organized, responsible, reliable, mature, calm, personable, well-spoken and intelligent.
- You have a genuine spirit of enthusiasm. You believe we can get a lot done through collaboration, accountability and creative out-of-the-box thinking.
- You are a conscientious self-starter who enjoys and is capable of effectively and efficiently managing their own schedule and keeping multiple projects organized and on track.
- Mac literacy required with a working knowledge of or desire to learn the following programs and platforms: Microsoft Outlook, Mail Chimp, SquareSpace, Acuity Scheduling, Zoom, Google Docs, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Dropbox. Copy-editing and design skills are a plus.
- Tasks will include but are not limited to: Managing logistics of the Path Course and other Capes Coaching courses; managing my email and scheduling of clients; manage my speaking engagement schedule; handling payments; support with marketing and social media efforts; general office managerial tasks such as running errands; and preparing course materials.
- You are someone who is excited to work with and learn from an established small business owner of 14+ years and support the company as it evolves into its next stage of development.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
- Please spend time on the pages of this website to familiarize yourself with our work and who we are.
- Please make a video introducing yourself and answering at least 3 of the following 5 questions (see below). The video portion of this application is not optional. Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo, and then include the link to your video in the application form below.
VIDEO QUESTIONS (answer at least 3 of the 5 questions below)
In what specific ways is this position an ideal fit for you and your strengths?
What’s the biggest misperception people have about you?
What’s one of the most important lessons you’ve learned from a mistake that you’ve made in the past?
How do you react to constructive feedback? What is the first thing you do?
Describe the most complex project, product, or event that you personally coordinated (for yourself or for someone else). What were the “moving parts” that you had to organize, track and execute?
When you are ready to submit the form below, upload your resume and cover letter in the field provided. In the cover letter, please include your answer to the following questions:
Aside from income, what do you consider the specific benefits of this job for you? And how will being the Part-Time Assistant at Capes Coaching fit into and support your current professional schedule and goals?
Thank you so much — I look forward to hearing from you!